Senior Consulting Geologist
Bsc, MSc, MAIG
Rupert Osborn works as a consulting geologist employed with H&SC in their Sydney office. He joined H&SC in 2011 following over six years’ international experience as an exploration geologist. Rupert holds a MSc in Mining Geology from Camborne School of Mines and a BSc in Geology from the University of Edinburgh. He is a Member of the AIG. He is a Competent Person for reporting of resource estimates under the JORC 2012 Code & Guidelines. His experience includes:
- Resource estimation for a variety of deposit styles using classical and geostatistical techniques. Commodities include; iron ore, gold, silver, copper, lead, zinc, tungsten and uranium.
- Preparation of JORC compliant resource and reserve statements.
- Assessment of drill hole sampling and assay quality, and development of appropriate quality control procedures for resource development programmes.
- Technical supervision and training of geological and other personnel in exploration, resource estimation, and resource evaluation activities.
- Use of mining software packages including Micromine and GS3.
- Python programming and machine learning techniques.
- Planning and managing exploration campaigns.
- Living and working in a variety of countries and cultures including acting as an exploration geologist in central Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Over three years’ iron ore exploration in Uruguay where he helped take the project from initial setup to completion of a DFS.