Arnold van der Heyden
BSc, MAusIMM (CP-Geo), MAIG
Arnold van der Heyden is the Managing Director of H&SC and based in the Sydney office. He has over thirty years’ experience in resource evaluation and mine geology. Since graduating with a BSc degree from the University of Melbourne he has worked for North, BHP, MMM and Savage River Mines. His work has encompassed a wide variety of commodities and types of deposits, both in Australia and overseas. He is a Competent Person for reporting of resource estimates under the JORC 2012 Code & Guidelines.
His work with these companies and H&SC includes:
- Resource estimation of gold, silver-lead-zinc, copper, nickel, iron ore and uranium in a variety of projects in a number of countries including Australia, Argentina, Uruguay, DRC, Namibia, Laos, Philippines, Romania, Jordan, Canada and Mexico.
- Geostatistical analysis and estimation, including variography, ordinary and indicator kriging.
- Due diligence and feasibility studies on copper, gold and iron ore deposits.
- Comprehensive experience in mine geology, including grade control and mine to mill reconciliation.
- Audit of resource estimates and mine geology systems.
- Design, implementation and management of drilling programs.
- Assessment of quality control issues such as drill hole sampling, assay accuracy and precision.
- Advice and preparation of JORC and NI43-101 compliant resource reports.
- Expertise in using Datamine (including macros) and other mining software.